February 1, 2022
Vaccination against Covid-19
With effect from 1 February 2022, Decree No. 537/2006 Coll., on vaccination against infectious diseases, as amended, was amended, among other things, in the sense that Section 10a, which stipulated the obligation to vaccinate against Covid-19 for students preparing to perform a medical profession with a health service provider, was abolished.
Decree amending Decree No. 537/2006 Coll., on vaccination against infectious diseases, as amended: http://www.sbirka.cz/POSL4TYD/NOVE/22-021.htm
Vaccination against Covid-19 therefore remains optional, but it is necessary to respect the conditions for the performance of professional practice and the demonstration of non-infectivity to individual health service providers.
At the same time, please note that as of 15 February 2022, the validity of vaccination certificates has been shortened to 270 days or 9 months. The validity limitation applies to certificates for vaccination with one dose of Janssen (from Johnson & Johnson) and for vaccination with two doses of Comirnaty (from Pfizer/BioNTech), Spikevax (from Moderna) and Vaxzevria (from AstraZeneca). For booster dose certificates, the validity of the certificate remains unlimited.
|Mgr. Anita Můčková, Ph.D.|
|Vice-Dean for Education and Lifelong Learning,|
|Faculty of Health Sciences,|
|Palacký University in Olomouc|
November 18, 2021
Covid testing of UP FHS students conducting their internships/taking part in practical lessons at University Hospital Olomouc (FNOL)
Covid testing of persons preparing for their jobs (i.e. students at pre-med practise, postgraduates on short- and long-term internships) is taking place centrally at the University Hospital Olomouc (FNOL) Testing Site in Building F. Students and interns need to register themselves for tests via the FNOL reservation system – link: https://rezervacecovid.fnol.cz/Pages/Calendar2.aspx?calendarType=Public.
Students are required to present their insurance cards and ISIC cards at the Testing Site. Students will be informed of test results via SMS; the test certificate will be available at https://ocko.uzis.cz.
Students entering FNOL workplaces must present proof of negative test results to their work supervisor.
The following conditions remain valid for students to take part in practical lessons at FNOL:
- mandatory use of approved respiratory protection, i.e. a respirator or similar device (without an exhalation valve), e.g. types FFP2, KN95;
- students may not exhibit symptoms of respiratory infection;
- antigen testing must take place weekly.
Mandatory testing does not apply to those who:
- have taken an RT-PCR test for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus with negative results within the last 72 hours, or
- have been vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus with a certificate of proof of vaccination according to the emergency measures criteria, with the condition that at least 14 days have passed since fully completing the vaccination plan, or
- provide laboratory proof of having had the Covid-19 virus and have completed the isolation period since their first positive rapid antigen test (RAT) for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, or the RT-PCR test for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, within the last 180 days.
Up-to-date information on the epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic and the resulting measures are published on these institutions' websites: