A Unique study programme for health and sports physiotherapy
The aim of the programme is to prepare graduates for the profession of a physiotherapist with a unique health and sports focus, for work as university-educated professionals involved in the development of physiotherapy and the promotion of the integration of theory and practice – individuals possessing the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for lifelong learning in their specialty and for further academic education.
Why choose physiotherapy at our school?
The graduates are highly qualified to work in health care settings as well as in sports. Our university provides professionals with superb theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The focus is not only on preparing future physiotherapists for their future profession but also those professionals who will further develop the field of physiotherapy, and work in academic settings as well as in research.
Important notice: during the study of physiotherapy, students work in pairs to practice learned techniques and procedures on each other and on patients. This work requires physical contact (touching) between students or with a patient with exposed body parts, i.e. legs, lower back, arms, etc.
Title of study programme
Type of study programme
Bachelor´s degree, state-accredited
Study programme profile
Form of study
Standard length of study
Language of study
Awarded academic title
Approximately 12 - 18 students are to be accepted in 2022/2023.
Important notice: during the study of physiotherapy, students work in pairs to practice learned techniques and procedures on each other and on patients. This work requires physical contact (touching) between students or on a patient with exposed body parts, i.e., legs, lower back, arms, etc.
What we offer
- Palacký university ranks as the second best Czech university
- Unique study program
- Individual and personal approach
- Modern methods of teaching
- Close contact with professors
- Possibility to study at one of our 40 partner institutions within Erasmus+
- Modern accommodation
- Full student support
- Complete health coverage
- Tutoring and counseling
- Numerous sports facilities
- Administrative help
- University cafeterias
- The entire course is taught in English language
Information on admissions for the academic year 2023 - 2024
Apply for admission: from 1st November 2022
Deadline for applications: 31st March, 2023
Registration fee: 690 CZK
Applicants are obliged to pay the registration fee by the respective deadline for applications at the latest.
Tuition fee: EUR 8,000 per academic year
Prospective students of the bachelor’s degree programmes in Physiotherapy must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the online Application Form at https://admission.upol.cz/
- After filling in the online application form, upload and submit the following documents to the same place:
- A copy of a certificate of a complete high/secondary education. You are also eligible to apply during the last year of your current study programme, provided you obtain your final education and submit a certified copy before 30th September 2023.
- Official academic transcripts and certificates from the school (or a certified copy)
- Copy of valid passport or European ID card – a photocopy of the page with a photograph and personal data
- Non-native English speakers must submit a proof of English language competence, minimum level B1 according to CEFR: PET/FCE Cambridge exam, BULATS score 60, IELTS score 5 (min 4 points from each part) or TOEFL iBT score 40. Prospective students without an English language certificate must complete the English language test created by Palacký University. Applicants who submit proof that their previous studies were carried out in English will be exempt from the language test.
- Following admission, the applicant from a non-EU country must apply for a long-term visa in their country of residence. Please get in touch with the nearest representative office of the Czech Republic.
- The student must sign a contract with the Faculty before registration. The contract also includes an agreement about the tuition fee of EUR 8,000 per year and other rights and duties of the student, including their medical examinations and vaccinations.
- Requirements for document certification depend on the country where the document was issued. Please thoroughly study the information available here: https://www.studuj.upol.cz/en/applications-deadlines//
The original certificate of the completed high/secondary education together with the academic transcripts and certificates from the school(accompanied by a certified translation to Czech or English in case it is not originally in one of these languages) must be sent to the following address by the deadline of application:
International Relations Office
Faculty of Health Sciences, Palacký University Olomouc
775 15 Olomouc
- Admissions - Entrance examinations at FHS UP for the Academic Year 2023/2024
- Topics for Entrance exams
The Entrance Exam will be online via ZOOM on April 11, 2023. Time 9 am – 12 am
How to apply
Complete the online Application Form: Electronic application
Agencies that help potential students with the application process
France, French-speaking countries
Gyanberry Training Institute FZ LLC
International Office Faculty of Health Sciences