Portal, STAG, E-mail
The gateway to all important things at the university is at http://www.portal.upol.cz/. Since as a UP student you will be using it almost daily, we recommend browsing through the site to get an idea of what it is all about.
The UP Portal simply contains most of what you need:
- a directory of people (emails and phone numbers of your classmates and instructors)
- access to student admin (STAG), an online system that manages and records your studies
- ordering meals in canteens
- links to web interfaces for reading your university email
- manuals and instructions (e.g. how to connect your laptop to the UP network,
- how to set up mail forwarding, etc.)
- maps and plans of the university buildings
- links to the website of the library, including a catalogue of books, magazines and videos
- access to UP Portal applications (DMS, Courseware etc.)
- other useful links
How to login into the UP Portal
To login to UP Portal you will need UP Login and a password. Both available in the online application form 2-3 days after enrolment.
1. Open portal.upol.cz, switch to the English version and choose "Login".
2. Enter your login and password.
STAG refers to the online study management and records at UP. It is a system that serves to manage study programmes, disciplines, curricula and courses in order to compile schedules, register for courses and exams, grade records, as well as records of bachelor’s and master’s theses. Apart from this, it has many other features.
Below are STAG functions that you are certain to use:
• registration for courses, through which you will get your individual study plan
• viewing and searching other data (your own schedule, information about courses, study programmes, disciplines, instructors, departments)
How to login into STAG
- Log into the system at portal.upol.cz
- In the menu select STAG.
Each first year student will receive an automatically generated e-mail adress. You can find your e-mail address in Contacts in Portal. The mailbox is created in September, at latest during the first week of studies.
Your e-mail address form is derived from your name and surname, you will be given an order number (e.g. name Jana Novotna occurs four times at UP). Therefore, a student called Karel Malina will receive an official e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can access their university e-mail through following webpageː outlook.com/upol.cz.
Login is your Portal ID. Students can find your Portal ID in your on-line application form, section Personal Data 2-3 days after enrolment.
Each user will have to set up language and time zone of the e-mail app (+1 hour Prague, Budapest, Bratislava) when logging in for the first time. Other setup is not necessary for common user, outgoing e-mail adress is already set up, you can use your e-mail for sending and receiving messages.